Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Eraseme.exe method #2

Ok sorry guys in my last post which was years old i recommended using prevx for removing the virus and at that time it used to be free. Now its no longer free so that wouldn't work but i have some other powerful tools for you guys that are free. First and foremost clear your restore points - look up the method on google on how to do this. This way it will remove the virus from your memory. Next download CCleaner. This will fix your registry keys and delete and unusual changes (don't worry this won't take long 10-20 mins). Now go to microsoft's online scanner - liveone care and run a scan from there. If you're using vista - please right click on internet explorer and run as administrator before you open it up. You can also use trend micro's housecall online scanner and it's also free. I hope this helps you get rid of this nasty eraseme virus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aditya Chaturvedi said...

no there isa simple way to delete the virus........
as in my case this when i every time i booted my system , after every thing loads to normal , there a confirmation coming " do you want "erase_me.exe" to make changes to your computer" . every time i didnt granted the permission it used to come again and again......i was reading some posts to remove this virus.....some one stated, its related to winlogon.exe file........when the notification came up gain....i checked the location , in my case it was "path://c/users/appdata/roaming"....i opened the location by showing hidden folders and there were around 20 files of erase_me.exe virus and also a winlogon.exe(hidden) file.i checked my taskmanager, there were two winlogon.exe files running
winlogon.exe
winlogon.exe*32
i tried to close the files...1st file without "*32" didnt close , but the second one with "*32" ended. then i went to the location and deleted "shift+delete" all the erase_me.exe files and winlogon.exe file....and restarted my system and voila the notification didnt come up again. also i checked the location again no files were there.

hope this will help ppl

also i checked the properties of the file"erase_me.exe" it was "avast antivirus updater" i have paid version of mcafee installed on my system and windows 7 premium orignal.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home